J.V. Booters to Seek Eighth Consecutive Triumph In Final Match of Season Against Resurgent Yale

The Crimson J.V. soccer team goes against Yale today in its last match of the season, looking for an eighth consecutive win against one loss.

Harvard has had a good season this year. Its loss--the first for the junior varsity in three years--came against Southeastern Massachusetts Tech in the season opener.

But Yale also has come on strong despite a recent loss to Brown which the Crimson defeated twice. Having caught some of the excitement from their varsity's three wins in a row, the Elis should be especially tough in this match, according to Crimson coach Seamus Malin.

"It's a typical Yale game--an emotional thing as much as anything else," Malin said. "The most important thing in a game like this is to score early and get the psychological edge," he added.

Malin is still not sure who will start in the nets. Regular goalie Wayne Quasha has not fully recovered from an illness. If Quasha is better and does not get a call to substitute for the varsity, he will lead off. Otherwise Jay Breese will get the nod.

In last Friday's 4-1 victory over Brown at Providence, John Chapman, who will be playing the last match of his Harvard career today, scored twice. John Metzger and Mario Marchese also tallied one goal apiece. The Bruins' only score came on a penalty play. Quasha batted away the free shot, but was unable to block the ball a second time, as the Brown opponent rushed up to knock the rebound in.