Harrison's Three TD's Pace Yardlings Over Yale; Undefeated Freshman Booters Defeat Bullpups, 4-1

The freshman soccer team, scoring once in each quarter, overcame its final stumbling block to a perfect record by defeating Yale, 4-1, yesterday.

John Chapman scored his 20th and 21st goals to establish a new Harvard scoring record, formerly held by Solomon Gomez. The Yarlding's total of 50 goals for the season also shatters an old record for Crimson teams, according to freshman coach Dana Getchell.

Chapman led off the scoring, tallying late in the first quarter. Russ Bell fed the ball to Chapman, who dribbled by the fullbacks and blasted the ball past the goalie. He scored again from in close just before the end of the half.

Goal Nullified

Bell set up another scoring play when he booted a corner kick to Phil Kydes, into the upper right corner of the strings. A few minutes later, Bell almost scored Kydes jumped high and headed the ball again. His kick hit the top bar of the goal and bounced straight down, but the referee nullified the score, saying the whole ball had not gone into the goal.

In the last minute of the game, Chris Wilmot, 20 yards out, set a long bomb sailing in for the final score of the season.

Harvard freshman halfback Steve Harrison scored all three touchdowns in yesterday's 24-6 victory over Yale and set a new Yardling mark for touchdowns in a season with a total of eight.

Harrison Only Scorer

Harrison, who has been the only freshman to score in the last five games, broke the mark of seven season TD's formerly held by Vic Gatto and Richie Szaro. He also gained second place behind Szaro in the freshman scoring ranks with his 48 season points.

The Yardlings had a 2-3 record entering the game, opposed to Yale's 0-6 record, but the Elis struck first with a touchdown late in the first period. Harvard blocked the conversion attempt and Yale never scored again.

11-Yard Scamper

Harrison scored the first Yardling touchdown on an 11-yard scamper at the end of the second quarter to cap a 66-yard drive in 13 plays. Quarterback Rex Blankenship, who had not started for three games, engineered the drive, mixing his snappy passes and quick-opening run.

Harrison scored again on a 43-yard run and a 55-yard pass reception. The Crimson added the other points with a safety, two PAT's, and one two point conversion.