Matmen Win N.E.A.A.U. Tourney As Four Capture Individual Titles

A group of eight Harvard wrestlers won the team championship and four Crimson individuals captured titles in their weight classes to highlight Harvard's performance in the 12th Annual N.E.A.A.U. wrestling tournament Saturday at Lawrence.

Since Harvard had almost a quarter of the 100 entries in the tournament, the Crimson contingent of varsity, J.V., and freshmen wrestlers was divided into three teams.

The four winners were Tom Schnorr, Collin Magrun, Pat Coleman, and Howard Freeman. Harvard also earned five seconds and four thirds.

The Crimson could not be entirely pleased with the outcome because sophomore stars John Imrie and Tom Tripp were injured. Imrie tore a cartilege on his rib and may be out long enough to seriously hurt the team. Coach John Lee considers Imrie 'probably our best man." Tripp only sprained an ankle, and he still managed to finish third among the heavyweights.

Schnorr was the victor in the 118-pound class, while Moss and Bill Wasserstrom captured seconds in the 126-pound and the 134-pound classes respectively.

Freshman Wins

The next Crimson winner was a freshman named Collin Magrun in the 142-pound competition. Another Yardling, Rich Battle, garnered second behind Magrun.

Coleman won the 150-pound event, while teammate Dean Sheppard, normally at 145 was third. In the 177-pound class, the Crimson's Tony Rayner grabbed a second and freshman Jeff Cebula, a third.

Harvard took the first places in the 191-pound competition, as Freeman was first, Bob Panoff, second, and John Countryman, third.