Cagers, MIT In Freshman Game Today

The freshman basketball team will go again with the fastbreak ball it has been using against teams all season when it meets M.I.T. tonight at M.I.T.

Coach Kenneth R. Klug explained that his team tries to get the ball down court as quickly as possible in order to get the one good shot off before the defense sets up. He stressed, however, that the inexperienced freshmen sometimes rush the pass during the break. The team still needs practice reading when to break and when not to.

Klug saw the inexperience as a possible reason for the team's losses against Springfield and B.C., despite its very high scoring in both games.

Good Height

The team has good height in their three starters--Wayne G. Clapp, 6'4", Brian E. Newmark, 6'6", and William L. Newkirk, 6'5". They have led the team's scoring attack in all three games. The team on the whole has been averaging over 100 points each game, hitting between 40 and 50 percent of their shots. The height has also meant great rebounding power.

Guards Mat Bozek and Greg Williams have played good hustling defense, although the team has been generally weaker defensively than offensively. When on defense the team plays man to man, leaving the more complicated defenses to the varsity, Klug said.