Blood Drive Aim Down 300 Pints

The goal for the Harvard Undergraduate Council Blood Drive has been reduced from 1000 to 700 pints partly because of "lack of funds and lack of cooperation" with the HUC, according to Jeffrey A. Nims '71, chairman of the drive.

Stephen H. Kaplan '69, HUC president, in answer to the charge said, "We have not heard from the blood drive's chairman. He has not asked for our help in any way."

The American Red Cross will operate a mobile unit from 10:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today through Friday in Memorial Hall.

Harvard's participation in the program entitles all Harvard students, Faculty, and employees under Harvard Health Services to free blood when needed. A pint of blood costs about $30.

Before this year, the drive has been conducted by the Phillips Brooks House. Another drive will take place this spring.

Blood donors will receive cards indicating their blood type, which they can carry on their person in case of an emergency. Appointments with the blood-mobile take just fifteen minutes. Refreshments and cookies will be served to donors.