Vietnam Editorial In 'Law Review'

The editors of the Harvard Law Review voted Monday to print an unprecedented editorial statement condemning the war in Vietnam as being "morally wrong."

The Law Review has rarely taken editorial stands, and the forthcoming statement will be its first commentary on the Vietnam war.

The resolution to print the editorial passed by a vote of 44 to 21, barely more than the two-thirds minimum it needed. Three editors abstained from voting.

A spokesman for the Law Review said the statement will appear in either the January or the February issue. Although the final text of the statement passed by a vote of 54 to 11, the spokesman said that a statement of the minority's views will probably accompany the majority statement.

Tight Lipped

The Law Review editors have refused to discuss the contents of their resolution.

"Except for scholarly purposes where someone needs galley proofs of an article, we do not release any part of the magazine before it is published," said George T. Frampton 3L, an editor of the Law Review.

The president of the Law Review, suffering from the flu, was unavailable for comment.