COLLEGE BOWL FANS

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

As the daughter of a former CRIMSON editor (Jacob Bates Abbott '18), I clustered my loved ones around me on Sunday to watch the College Bowl. For one whole week I had been bugging them (3 boys, 3 girls, 1 husband) about how Harvard and especially the CRIMSON would show up everyone else who had ever been on the program and especially Yale! For years they have heard me talking about the value of a good education, hard work, and much study. Granted, they haven't paid much attention to me, but here was my big chance to prove my point.

To say I was disappointed in you is, of course, an understatement. While I sat here singing all those other alma maters, learned in infancy, you sat there grinning and whooping it up without even trying. Wow, was I mad! Couldn't you have stayed off whatever you were on until after the program? Yale really showed you up, but I don't suppose you care in the least.

So now I look at my longhaired, motorcycle-addicted boys (ages 12, 14, 16) and my longhaired boy-addicted girls (ages 9, 10, 22) and have nothing to say except that that's life ... even the establishment of the establishment fails at times.

Ten thousand men of Harvard want victory today

For they know over Eli, fair Harvard holds sway!

BALONEY. Mrs. Reginald L. Caselli   San Jose, California