Angela Lansbury to Receive Pot From Pudding

By James L. Wolbarsht

Amidst the release of 1000 balloons and the wail of a State Police escort, Angela Lansbury will arrive in Cambridge at 1:10 p.m. today to receive the Hasty Pudding Theatricals' Woman of the Year Award.

Miss Lansbury, curently starring in the Broadway hit Mame, won the 1966 Tony Award for Best Actress in a musical. Today she receives a replica of the famous Hasty Pudding Pot in recognition of her "great acting ability and femininity."

After a brief visit with Governor Volpe at the state house, Miss Lansbury's motorcade wil come to the Pudding Clubhouse at 12 Holyoke Street to be greeted by fans and by the "hairy-legged chorus of this year's show, All the Queen's Men.

Everybody, will be invited inside to witness the presentation by Theatricals President Franklin A. Reece III '68 and Producer David W. Sculley '68. The festivities will end with a number or two from this year's show which is based on the life, court intrigues and amorous exploits of Catherine the Great. The show opens next Tuesday at the Clubhouse.