Yardling Sextet Bombs N.U., 10-1; DeMichele Hits Four To Pace Win

The rampaging Harvard freshman hockey team squashed the midget North-eastern freshmen, 10-1, last Saturday for its sixth straight victory.

The Yardlings' hard checking defense held the game but out-manned Baby Huskies scoreless for the last 50 minutes of play.

Harvard's dynamic duo of wing Dan DeMichele and center Joe Cavanagh combined to net six of the Crimson's markers. DeMichele knocked in four goals and had two assists to pace the Yardlings to their highest point production since they stomped Exeter last December.

Cavanagh, the team's leading scorer, zeroed in twice and set up five other goals. Wing Steve Owen contributed two tallies and one assist.

In boosting its record to 13-4, Harvard completely outclassed the much smaller and lighter Northeastern sextet.

The Yardlings put the game out of reach in the first frame as they scored five times. DeMichele registered twice. Northeastern's lone score of the game came at 10:41.

The second frame was almost like the first, but this time Harvard only notched four goals. Cavanagh made a classic play as he took DeMichele's pass behind both N.U. defensemen, faked the goalie out of position, and lifted the puck into the right hand corner of the nets at 13:50.

Harvard's sole score of the final period came at 12:26 when Owen snared a pass from defenseman Lincoln Holmes and shot from in front of the Northeastern goal.