Icemen Heavily Favored Over Yale

Eli Game Tonight Marks Parrot's Hockey Farewell

When Harvard's hockey team takes to the ice against Yale tonight it will mark the final regular-season game of a spectacular Crimson career.

For Kent Parrot, who proved his stuff when he scored 43 points two seasons ago to become New England's Sophomore of the Year--tonight's game will offer yet another opportunity to move up on the all-time Harvard scoring list.

The 5-11, 170-pound center from Belmont now has 29 points to his credit for the 1967-68 season and is tied for fourth place on the all-time list.

Parrot has scored 101 points for Harvard, a total matched by Lyle Gattu '58. He is a solid bet to pass Bill Cleary '55, who had 102 points, and is within reach of the 110 talled by the current freshman coach, Gene Kinasewich '64.

The 195-point total accumulated by Bob Cleary is a record which figures to stand at the top for many years.

"Although I scored more points my sophomore year," says Parrot, "this season has been the most productive from a team standpoint. We are much more balanced, and as a result have a better record."

For the season, sophomore Jack Turco (35 points) and senior Jack Garrity (32) are ahead of Parrot, who would tie a Harvard record if he wins his third consecutive team scoring title.

"With a scedule as tough as ours, though," says Parrot, "the scoring statistics become a thing of underlying importance. Whoever scores scores for the team, and we like to let the points come as they may."

Five Chances

The 21-year-old Social Relations concentrator may have as many as five post-regular season chances to add to his scoring total. "If we can get the number three spot in the ECAC," he says in reference to a ranking which would pit Harvard against Clarkson at Watson Rink. "I think we have a chance for the nationals."

In a previous game this season, Harvard defeated Clarkson, 8-3.

The fast, agile Parrot has been married since Feb. 16, but doesn't feel that moving off campus has changed much aside from "getting away from the Central Kitchen food."

If home-made cooking does the trick, there will be a new name very high on the scoring list after Kent Parrot's graduation.