Student Sit-in To Continue At Colgate

Four hundred and fifty Colgate University students and faculty members have pledged to continue their four-day-old sit-in until the Board of Trustees dissolves a fraternity for discriminatory practices. The protestors have occupied the administration building since Wednesday.

Early yesterday morning, in response to the students' demands, the Trustees agreed to revoke the charter of Phi Delta Theta for "blackballing" a student because he was Jewish. But the Trustees have not yet complied with the protestors' second demand that the fraternity be disbanded as a residential unit.

Vincent M. Barnett Jr., president of Colgate, said yesterday that "there are questions of human rights involved on both sides." Barnett has asked the American Civil Liberties Union and the New York State Commission on Human Rights to consult with a panel of Trustees on Monday about the students' second demand.

Guy V. Martin, Colgate dean of admissions, has closed his office in sympathy with the protest and announced that it would remain closed until the demonstrators left the building.

Two fraternities, several faculty members, and several dorms have offered space to members of Phi Delta Theta who wish to resign from the fraternity.