Eighteen Added To' Cliffe Institute For '68-69 Term

Eighteen women have received appointments to the Radcliffe Institute for post-graduate research or creative work.

These new members, along with 20 reappointments, have been named Institute Scholars for 1968-69, Constance E. Smith, dean of the Radcliffe Institute, announced yesterday.

The Institute is a center for women scholars who can work only part-time. It provides women who have stopped their formal education for various reasons with funds and facilities to work on personal research and study projects.

Most of the Scholars will receive part-time fellowships ranging from $500 to $3000; some will receive full-time fellowships of up to $10,000. The fellowship money may be used to pay for services such as babysitting, household help, and transportation, as well as for professional expenses.

Institute members will receive office and studio space in the Institute's new quarters in Radcliffe Yard, and will have at their disposal the libraries and other resources of Harvard and Radcliffe.

Now in its eighth year, the Institute has awarded fellowships to 202 women, including 36 in a special program for women physicians and 19 awarded under the Institute's newest program for women in part-time graduate study.