Six Crimson Laxmen Gain Berths On All-Ivy Squad

Cornell's undefeated champions placed seven players on the 1968 All-Ivy League lacrosse squad selected by the league's coaches.

Harvard gained a total of six places, Brown and Yale five each, Princeton four and Pennsylvania and Dartmouth two each.

Goalie Butch Hilliard, the only unanimous choice, is one of four Big Red stickmen to be named to the first team. The others are Mark Webster, the league's leading goal-scorer with 21, at attack, Bob Smith at midfield, and Henry Gompf at defense. Pete Peirce and Dick Belsito were named to the second team, and Dwight Webster on the third unit.

Rounding out the first team are: Harvard's John Ince, the league's top scorer with 23 points, at attack and Mike Ananis at defense: Princeton's Bert Keidel at midfield and Jim Karanik at attack; and Yale's Jeff Woglom at defense and Tom Preston at Midfield.

Ince and Mark Webster are sophomores, and Ananis and Karanik are juniors. The others on the first team are seniors. There are four repeaters from last year's team, Hilliard, who also was named to the second team as a sophomore, Keidel, Karanik, and Preston. Ananis was a second-team choice last season.

Brown sophomore Bob Anthony, a second-team choice at attack, led the league in assists with 19. He also produced the most assists in a single game, seven against Penn. In the same game teammate Bill Kowalsky also scored the most goals in a single contest--six. Ince, Mark Webster, and Anthony finished 1-2-3 in the scoring race, each a point apart.

Hilliard had the best average among the goalies with a .723 mark. He had 81 saves and allowed 31 goals. Princeton's Willard Reynolds was next with a .693 average.