Crimson Hoopsters to Battle Dartmouth; Seek First Ivy League Victory Tonight

By Richard D. Paisner

The IAB will be packed to its very rafters for tonight's all-important Ivy League basketball game between Harvard and Dartmouth. Coach Bob Harrison looks for a large turnout of frustrated Reading perioders for the 8 p.m. tip-off.

Harvard warmed up for the Indians with an easy 90-73 stomping of Tufts Monday night. With Bobby Johnson rounding back into shape the Crimson seems primed to begin a rush at the League's first division.

Leading Dartmouth is Alex Winn, a mobile, good-shooting forward, boasting a scoring average in the mid-20's. Against Connecticut, Winn had 38 points to pace the Indian victory. But his 28 points weren't enough to overcome Penn, which bested Dartmouth in an overtime clash the night after the same Quakers topped Harvard by seven.

Darling Dover

Dale Dover leads the Crimson offense. After a western swing which made him the darling of the West Coast sports- writers, Dover has begun to develop his all around skills, maintaining a 20 point scoring average, but improving markedly on both defense and playmaking.

Tonight is really Harvard's first home game. In the first two IAB games--both held during vacations--Dover wowed the crowds with his inside moves. Since then he has received more and more help from center Ernie Hardy, guard Eric Gustavson and forward Chris Gallagher.

With captain Bob Kanuth lost for the season, 6-10 Paul Waickowski and sophomores George Yates and Mike Janczewski will have to continue their fine play off the backboards.