Frosh Football Team Downs Lions, Shows Impressive Talent and Depth

Amid the chaos of a 34-7 victory over Columbia yesterday afternoon, Harvard's freshman football team may have found a starting quarterback. So may have John Yoviesin.

The quarterback is Rod Foster a lanky elusive runner from Dallas whose style is reminiscent of John McClnskey the varsity quarterback in 1963. He threw for one touchdown yesterday directed another scoring drive and scampered 48 yards with his own blocked punt for another touchdown that was subsequently called back. He simply exudes excitement.

The show was not all Foster however, Teammate Eric Crone drove Harvard 42 yards for its first touchdown a seven-yard burst by Ted DeMars and hit Demars with a beautiful pass for an 86-yard play, the Crimson's fourth score.

Four Complete Teams

Coach Henry Lamar used four complete backfield and multitudes of linemen, and it was often somewhat difficult to distinguish differences in quality. The team is that talented.

Mike Murr a second unit halfback scored the other two Crimson touchdowns, one from a yard out after he recovered a fumbled punt, and another on a superb twisting 27-yard run at the start of the second quarter. Lamar it seems, can substitute without fear of a loss in capability.