Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

District Court to Rule on Monday, Fixing Status of Evicted Families

A three-judge District Court panel yesterday heard opposing presentations on a motion by four Allston families to delay further their eviction by the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA).

The judges ordered that until their ruling is handed down, "the status quo will remain" on North Harvard Street. The four families there have so far successfully resisted eviction by the BRA.

Daniel D. Bickford. attorney for the BRA, stated in court that the agency "will stay any activity in the North Harvard area" until Monday's decision.

The families case against the BRA has been in court since Monday. Throughout the proceedings, the BRA has attempted to gain legal sanction for the eviction of the families, who refuse to move from the site of a proposed 212-unit housing project.

Attorneys for the families yesterday sought a restraining order on the evictions, pending a decision by the panel on the constitutionality of Massachusetts' eviction laws. Monday's decision will rule on the restraining order and possibly will set up a hearing on the constitutional issue.

Brian E. Olmstead. attorney for the families, said yesterday, however, that a hearing on the constitutional issue would face "a fait accompli" if the restraining order is not granted on Monday.