Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

East House Slips by North House In Radeliffe's Swimming Marathon

East House rallied Thursday and held off a strong catch-up bid by North House Friday, to win the biannual Radeliffe Swim Marathon by only 15 laps, 2866 to 2851. South House was a discouraging third with 1629 laps.

In an effort to build a psychological advantage and to demoralize the other girls. East started out fast to build a 200-lap lead after the first day of the week-long contest. It was at this point that South was virtually eliminated.

North did not yield to the pressure however, and retaliated slowly but surely to thrill observers by earning a four-lap advantage Wednesday night North appeared to have the momentum and some feared that East would be overwhelmed.

Stubborn Mermaids

But as Curt Gowdy once so correctly pointed out. "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." and East surged back Thursday to lead North by ??? laps North's vailant efforts the next day wernot enough to overcome the stubborn East House girls.

The week's total of just over ???? laps was far short of the record of over ???? laps established a year ago. But it compared favorably to last spring's total of 150 laps.

Things are back to normal at the pool, though one swimmer reported that the usually blue water is now green.