MacBean Is Back of Week; Led Tigers to 42-0 Win

Scott MacBean, Princeton's senior quarterback, was selected as the Ivy League's Back of the Week after leading the Tigers to a 42-0 trouncing of Penn last Saturday.

MacBean was a tailback in last year's traditional Princeton single-wing offense, and his performance so far this season has been largely responsible for the Tiger's undefeated record against Ivy competition.

Against the Quakers the Princeton signal-caller completed 10 of 19 pass attempts for 140 yards, and two touchdowns. Not satisfied with his acrial bom-bardment. MacBean also carried the ball six times for 32 additional yards.

MacBean's finest Saturday of the season came two weeks ago in Ithaca. His 22 completions came within two of the Princeton game record set in 1940. Passing for a total of 312 yards, MacBean approached the game record of 351 and total offense record of 360.

After three league games. MacBean holds a sizeable lead over Cornell's Ed Marinaro in the battle for the Ivy League individual total offense championship. The Tiger quarterback has compiled 622 yards passing and rushing to 166 yards for Marinaro, the nation's leading rusher.

MacBean also increased his lead in the Ivy passing statistics. With a phenomenal 606 completion average. MacBean has succeeded 40 times in 66 attempts for 558 yards, MacBean now leads the league with four touchdown tosses and no interceptions.