Washington Alumni Clubs Offer Rooms

Individual members of the Harvard and Radcliffe Clubs of Washington, D.C., will provide housing for Harvard and Radcliffe students going to the city for the November 15 peace march. Neither club has taken any official action concerning the march, but both have systems set up to provide housing for any Harvard or Radcliffe groups which go to Washington, and each club is willing to use the system for students involved in the march.

Old Policy

Russel T. Weil '49, president of the Harvard Club, said that such housing is a courtesy the club has long provided for groups such as the Band or Hasty Puddings on trips to the capital. He said that when he receives requests for housing, he makes an informal announcement asking for club members willing to provide it. He said that he would do the same if he received any requests from peace marchers. So far, however, he has not received any such requests.

Radcliffe Club

The Radcliffe Club includes in its newsletter notices of groups going to Washington and asking for housing. Such a notice will be included about the marchers. according to Mrs. Sidney Friedberg, Radcliffe Club president. The club has received no requests for housing so far.

Organizers of the three day march on Washington say they expect the number of Harvard and Radcliffe students participating in the march to reach into the thousands.