Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Crimson Ruggers Top Princeton: Wet Field Slows Play in 11-3 Win

Two long runs-a 30-yard scamper by wing Bucky Hayes and a 45-yard dash down the sidelines by forward Phil Zuckerman-set up two tries for the Harvard rugby team as it defeated Princeton Saturday morning, 11-3.

Harvard scored early in the game despite the ankle-deep water on large portions of the field. With his long run, Hayes carried the ball to the goal-line, where he was tackled. In the scramble for the loose ball, wing forward Dick Barrett scored a try by falling on the ball in the end zone.

Penalty Kick

The Crimson dominated play in the first half, and led 6-0 at half-time on a penalty kick by All-American fullback Joe Daly.

Princeton played well at the start of the second half, but missed several close in penalty kicks because of the wet field conditions. The Tigers scored on one, however, to make the scored 6-3.

Shades of Harvard-Yale

With one minute left in the game, Zuckerman made his 45-yard run, but was tackled at the goal-line. The ball fell into the end-zone where Barrett pounced on it for the try. Daly made the tow-point conversion attempt to complete the scoring.

The ruggers, whose record is now 3-3, play a Boston rugby team, Beacon Hill, on Tuesday.