The Mail G.E. STRIKE

By Yours Truly

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Your article, "YPSL, Strikers Join in G.E. Plant Picket," (Nov. 5). contained several inaccuracies, including the following:

1) The picketing described was not requested by the IUE. as stated, but by United Electrical Workers (UE) Local 205 in Ashland, Mass. The picket signs which YPSL members carried were clearly marked with this local's name.

2) The strike against GE was not called by the IUE alone as stated in the article, but by a coalition including IUE, UE and a dozen other unions.

3) The article mistakenly states that I am affiliated with the IUE. In fact, I am affiliated with the Massachusetts Worker's Center, an independent workers' group involved in rank-and-file activity, including strike support.

We hope to continue working with YPSL, as well as with the many other students and non-students who have been involved in picketing and other strike support activities. In the course of such activities, students will undoubtedly gain a better understanding of the issues and realities of the strike than was expressed in Thursday's article.

We also hope the CRIMSON will check future labor stories with people directly involved in the labor movement, rather than relying only on student sources.