Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'Crimson' Eleven Avenges Harvard With 23-2 Triumph Over 'Herald'

By Mark R. Rasmusson

A powerful running game, a rarity on CRIMSON touch football teams, was mostly responsible for the CRIMSON'S dramatic 23-2 victory over the Brown Daily Herald Saturday in Providence.

The CRIMSON strategy was clear from the start- avoid middle guard Jane Trowbridge. Trowbridge was a nemesis last fall when she continually stopped flashy, though ineffective, halfback Dick Paisner before he had a chance to make any moves. She also hindered the CRIMSON'S ominous passing attack.

Hoosier Halfback

But Trowbridge was outfoxed Saturday when the visiting editors decided to run outside, employing the speed of Dave Hollander and Woody Moss. "I was awesome," Hollander said afterwards in the dressing room. "I was All-State in Indiana, you know."

As always, the defense was airtight. Mike Bishop led a defensive charge that dumped each of the Herald's six different quarterbacks in the end zone for safeties. Meanwhile, Steve Bussard and Scott Jacobs kept the airways quiet with their alert play in the secondary.

Safety Streak

The CRIMSON was again unsuccessful in breaking its streak of 455 straight games in which a safety has been scored against it. "We're working on it." Carol Sternhell explained.

It was thought that the activities in Washington might attract some of the players away from he game. "Nah, I wasn't worried about that," Jacobs asserted. "Nope. None of the important guys, the ones who really care about football, would go down there on a day when we had a game."