Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Mitchell Says 'Mobe' Failed to Keep Peace

The Associated Press reported last night that Attorney General John N. Mitchell released a statement accusing the New Mobilization Committee of failing to listen to Justice Department warnings of potential violence.

His statement said that he was "pleased that the great majority of the participants obeyed the law."

"Unfortunately." he added, "the planned demonstrations were marred by such extensive physical injury, property damnot believe that, over-all, the gathering here can be characterized as peaceful."

"The Committee aided this violence through a combination of inaction and affirmative action." he said.

Ron Young, New Mobe project director, called Mitchell's statement "a lie" at a news conference. "Yesterday, thousands of people were gassed in Washington by this government, Yesterday, hundreds of people were killed in Vietnam by this government. Yesterday, villages were destroyed in Vietnam by this government." he said.

There were no serious injuries during the two violent episodes of the weekend- at the South Vietnamese Embassy on Friday night and at the Justice Department, Saturday. At least 32 people were arrested, dozens treated for the effects of gas, and many windows were smashed in central Washington, the Associated Press reported.