Yardling Skaters Clash With B. U.

The Harvard freshman hockey team must tighten its defense in order to defeat the unbeaten Boston University freshmen at 4 p. m. today at Watson Rink. Defensive lapses have been the Crimson's most noticeable drawback in its first two games this season.

The Yardlings, who allowed five goals in their victories over Bowdoin and Dartmouth, face a tougher test in containing the Terrier attack. B. U. has averaged eight goals per game, and both Steve Dolloss and Ron Anderson have tallied six times in three games for the Terriers.

High-Scoring Forwards

A line made up of Bob McManama. Dave Hynes, and Steve Harris has registered nine scores, and another, consisting of Bill Corkery. John Riley. and Bob Muse. has tallied six times for the Crimson in its two wins. These high-scoring Harvard forwards should be able to penetrate the B. U. defense, as the Terriers have been scored upon 13 times in three games.

Yardling coach Bill Cleary is counting on captain Kevin Hampe, a defenseman, to help keep shots away from the Harvard goal today. The freshman coach noted. "While Hampe appears unspectacular, when you look up after the game you notice that he's let very few pucks slip by him."