Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

YAF Asks That Stronger Actions Be Used on OBU

The Harvard chapter of the Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) demanded yesterday that Harvard file a permanent rather than temporary injunction against the Organization for Black Unity (OBU) and "all other groups that cause disruption of the academic community."

In a statement released yesterday. YAF also demanded that the University take strong action against OBU and not just "token suspensions." "In diplomatic circles, the action take by Harvard is termed 'appeasement,'" remarked Laszlo Pasztor '73, president of YAF.

Pasztor said that he plans to talk personally with Dean May and present the YAF demands.

Another YAF statement, to be released today, condemns the seizure of buildings by OBU and the "thinly veiled threat of further use of force if the political demands of this group (OBU) are not mel." The release noted that Harvard was guilty of "racist policies. . . like the preferential hiring of minority group members."

Attached to the statement was a copy of the New York Times editorial concerning OBU's building take-over, claiming "the real issue is whether a university can survive if it surrenders to government by coercion"