Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Dunster Coed Plan Awaits Approval

Members of the Duster House Committee are seeking Radcliffe President Mary I. Bunting's approval of their plan for the inclusion of Dunster House in this Spring's coed-living exchange.

Robert G. Serafini '70, chairman of the Dunster House Committee, said that he expected Mrs. Bunting's decision by the end of this week.

Sufficient Mandate

If Mrs. Bunting approves the plan to exchange approximately 50 men from Dunster with 50 Cliffies from off-campus houses, it will need only President Pusey's endorsement, Serafini said. He said he felt that the Faculty's overwhelming approval of the Lowell, Winthrop, and Adams Houses exchange proposals was sufficient mandate for Pusey to act.

Even Ratio

Serafini said that the Dunster House plan was better than the other three because it would allow for the most even ratio between men and women.

If Pusey is reluctant to approve the Dunster House proposal, the plan will go before the Faculty, who are likely to approve it, Serafini said.

Dunster House was excluded from the original exchange program in November when its plan was rejected by the Faculty committee headed by Jerome Kagan, professor of Developmental Psychology. The Kagan Committee required a concrete proposal at a time when the Dunster House Committee was not yet able to submit one.

In view of the detail and advantages of Dunster's current plan. Serafini said, "the prospects are very good."