Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Freshman Swimmers Win, 52-40; Yardling Icemen Edge B. C., 5-4

Harvard's unbeaten freshman swimmers set records in two events as they eased to their third win, 52-40, over Brown Tuesday night in Colgate-Hoyt Pool in Providence.

The medley relay team of Bob Lawton, Jim Hawkins, Craig Sewell, and Bruce Jostin finished the opening event in a time of 3:46.5 to set pool and Harvard freshman records. Captain Henry Watson later turned in a 5:08.6 in the 500-free to break by ten seconds a pool record set last week.

The Brown freshmen, who attract a bigger crowd than the varsity, are better than usual this year, but the Yardlings had little trouble winning even though they trailed early in the meet.

The Crimson, with other victories over Springfield and Williston, faces the University of Connectieut January 7.

Hockey

"The B. C. game is one game you do not want to lose. If you don't know it now, you will know it after the game," coach Bill Cleary said to his freshman hockey players before last night's contest.

The Harvard freshman stickmen found that out and, down 4-2 at the end of the first period, rallied in the last two stanzas to edge a tough Boston College squad, 5-4.

After B. C. had built a 2-0 lead on two short shots, Bob McNanama tallied for Harvard on a well-placed short flip. Sandy Wall countered the other first-period Eagle scores with a shot that slid into the lower left-hand corner of the B. C. net.

The Crimson inspired by Cleary's between-period comment-"If you guys lose, you'll have an awfully bad vacation"-overpowered the Eagles for the rest of the game.

Bob Muse scored on two blazing slap shots in the second period, and Dave Hynes scored the winning goal in the last period.