Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

U. Mass Icemen Down J.V. Team

The catch-up play of Harvard's J.V. hockey team was not enough to defeat the persistent U. Mass. freshmen in yesterday afternoon's 4-2 upset at Watson Rink.

The U. Mass. first line of center Dan Reidy, right wing Bob Weldon, and left wing Jack Edwards did most of the damage. Two times Weldon scored on assists by Edwards and Reidy.

Harvard's Ed Gallagher began the scoring, slamming a 15-foot slap shot past the U. Mass. goalie at 1:56 in the first period. Six minutes later U. Mass. tied the game when Ken Steves slapped in a pass by Reidy.

U. Mass. again scored in the first seven seconds of the second period to take a 2-1 lead. Reidy won the face-off, getting the puck out to Edwards, who passed it to Weldon. Weldon skated up the middle and shot the puck past Harvard goalie Paul Oldfield. At 16:11 in the second period the Crimson tied it on a blistering slap shot by Barry Johnson from the blue line.

Weldon, Reidy, and Edwards teamed for their second goal at 5:57 in the final period with Weldon getting the goal. But Harvard came to life once more to draw even as Dick Delaney, assisted by Andre Lemieux and Johnson, beat Flaherty on the right side.

Refusing a tie, U. Mass. scored the winning goal one minute later. Steves assisted by Bruce Winters put a shot into the nets to clinch the game.