Yardling Tankmen Lose, 52-43; Kobick Sets Backstroke Record

The freshman tankmen lost to a strong Yale team, 52-43, on Saturday, but the afternoon was marked by outstanding individual performances.

Dan Kobick, one of the strongest backstrokes Harvard has had in years, set a Harvard record in the backstroke with a time of 2:02.8. Kobick will add considerable depth to next year's varsity, giving it the strength in the medley events which it has sorely missed.

Captain Al Ackermann led his team with a double win. He finished strongly in the 200-free to place first and led a sweep in the 100-free, followed by teammate Paul Horvitz.

Diving provided an easy win for Harvard as Dave Silver and Tom Wallace collected yet another Crimson sweep. Combined with sophomore Dick Eisenberg, they should increase the varsity's depth significantly.

Peter Mikhalevsky and Dave Law, finishing second and third in the breaststroke, are also expected to help a good deal when teamed with Steve Baumgart.

Elis Build Margin

Yale dominated the early part of the meet and at one point led by twenty points. The Elis picked up an initial seven-point lead with a win in the 400 medley relay, and rapidly built that margin to clinch the victory.

Other point-getters for the Crimson were Andy Huff, who was second in the 500-free, and Bob Taylor, who netted a third in the butterfly.