Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Crimson Matmen Shine in Tourney

By Victor A. Schrager

Captain-elect Paul Catinella and captain Howie Chatterton led Harvard's grapplers to an eight-place finish at the Eastern Inercollegiate tournament at Princeton this weekend. Catinella and Chatterton both captured fourth places, the first time two Harvard men have placed in this tourney in 23 years.

After downing wrestlers from Cornell, Lehigh, and Franklin and Marshall in preliminary rounds, Catinella lost to Steve Cominsky of Navy, 6-5, in the 137-pound class. Chatterton, at 167, was pinned by Greg smith of Army after handing defeats to matmen from Colgate, and Penn State.

Last Into Semifinals

Two other matmen, pat Coleman (145) and Mark Faller (160) won their way into semifinal contests, only to lose there. Faller lost a decision to Steve Alexander of Temple, 4-3, and Coleman, after beating Princeton and Franklin and Marshall, dropped his match to Bill McVeth of Army.

Winner Navy with 63 points, and runner-up Army with 41, handed the Harvard varsity many of its early-rounded losses. At 123, Bruce Goodman was beaten by eventual third-place finisher John Balmat of Penn in a 4-3 decision. Bill Wasserstrom (130) was eliminated for medical reasons, and at 152, Bart Harvey lost a close match to Ted Oulette of Cornell, 13-12.

First-Round Loss

Sophomore John Imrie was taken out of competition in the first round by Bob Aherns of Navy. 190-pound-class Howie Freedman lost in the quarter finals to ultimate champion Charles Bannat of Navy, and Tom Tripp, in the unlimited class, was pinned by Tom O'Connell of Penn.