Charityitis Sweeps Campus

TUESDAY, MARCH 18,1969

A strange and wonderful disease, CHARITYITIS, is running rampant in the Harvard area. CHARITYITIS causes a rare reaction in the female: she is overcome with an uncontrollable urge to ask the male for a date! Symptoms: wildly palpitating heart. Extreme euphoria. A sense of delicious abandon.

Specialists feared a plague of exotic lovebugs had hit town, but the cause has been traced to the opening of a sensational motion picture. It seems, because this movie is full of love an tears and laughter and music, every girl ought to see it with someone she is coo-coo about. Hence the onslaught of contagious CHARITYITIS.

Young college men are falling victim to the disease everywhere! Lenny S. Dixon, a sophomore, fainted in Fencing Class when approached by the girl he's been dying to go out with.

Oscar Grass, a senior, was afflicted with rapidly rolling eyeballs when the girl of his dreams asked him for a date. Other male students, upon being asked out, were found involuntarily kicking up their heels, yelling "Zowee", etc.

The newspaper is collecting stories and photos for followup articles on such occurances. Let us know when Charityitis strikes you.

The motion picture causing all the havoc is SWEET CHARITY starring Shirley MacLaine, Ricardo Montalban and Sammy Davis, Jr. It's now playing at the SAXON THEATER.

Bring someone you'd love to love to this lovely movie about love.

You'll love it.