Crimson Left Off A.P. Cage Team

Crimson basketball players were conspicuously absent from the Associated Press All-New England Team announced two days ago, but Harvard's MVP Chris Gallagher managed to earn honorable mention.

One player from each of the area's four Ivy League colleges was cited, with Yale's outstanding sophomore, Jim Morgan, receiving a spot on the second team. In addition to Gallagher, Alex Winn of Dartmouth, and Bruce Moger of Brown earned honorable mention.

None of these four Ivy Leaguers were on the first team of the Ally-Ivy selections chosen by the eight coaches two weeks ago. Morgan and Winn were picked for the second team, but Princeton, Penn, and Columbia supplied the first team. Gallagher and the Crimson's Dale Dover were given honorable mention for appearing on at least two ballots, but Moger collected one vote at most and failed to place.

Dover's exclusion for the AP New England honorable mention came as a surprise to some of the followers of area basketball.

Gallagher, an aggressive forward who ranked among the top ten all-time scorers for Harvard, was also named to the Basketball Hall of Fames's New England University. All-Star Team. They are slated to compete against at team of college All-Stars at Northezastern this Sunday. Ivy League regulations prohibit Gallagher from participating, however.