Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Thieves Escape With Receipts Of Ticket Office

Unidentified thieves broke into the Harvard Athletic Department Ticket Office at 60 Boylston St. Sunday night, opened the safe, and escaped with the cash and checks inside.

Gordon Page, manager of the ticket office, said the exact amount of the loss would be determined in two or three days after taking an inventory. The safe never contained more than $500 in cash, he said, adding that the checks, made out to Harvard University, would be worthless to the robbers.

Robert Hallisey and Jesse Roderick, building superintendents, discovered the rifled office and open safe at 7 a.m. yesterday. They called the Harvard and Cambridge Police to investigate.

After inspecting the building, detective William Durette of the Cambridge Police described the burglary as a "professional assignment." Both Roderick and Page agreed.

The thieves entered the building by forcing a window in the basement and then broke through the inner door to the ticket office, Durette explained. Police are investigating a number of finger-prints found in the office.

The thieves also searched other offices in the building. According to Roderick, they tried to steal a piggy bank in an upstairs office, but, finding only 30 cents inside, left it up-turned.