Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

'Classes' Begin At New College

Harvard New College will open its doors to students today. The College is offering 17 course ranging from Radicalism in America: Past and present to the Social Relevance of Science.

Classes, or "co-operative explorations," as Michael W. Grafton '71, one of the organizers termed them, will start at 10a.m. and will take place in individual students rooms, but not in classroom buildings.

The "faculty" consists of members of the University ranging from Saniel B. Bonder '72, who is teaching a course on the Ecstasy of Learning, to teaching fellows and members of the Faculty.

Richard I. Rabinowitz, a teaching fellow in History and Literature and another of the organizers of Harvard New College, said most of the group is supporting the strike and welcomes the opportunity for a new educational experiment. The number of courses will be increased for Wednesday, Rabinowitz will said, and the type of response received will determine what will be done thereafter.