Golfers Meet Williams, B.C

After soundly defeating Amherst and Tufts in their first northern last Thursday, the golf team will have more difficulty this afternoon against Boston College and Williams at Stoneacres Country Club.

In the contest against Tufts and Amherst last week. the golf team won all but one of its matches. Most of the matches were won by large margins and many of them were over by the fifteenth hole.

Captain Bruce LoPucki said that this afternoon's match would be difficult to call. "We can beat these by very large margins or just sneak by them but, nevertheless, I'll think we'll win."

"Compared to other New England teams," LoPucki said, "these two teams have good depth. It will probably be the toughest match we will have before we play against Yale."

LoPucki also said that the team had been steadily improving since the Navy match. "Some of the golfers are starting to hit in the high sixties and the whole team is getting very strong," LoPucki said.

Freshment Golfers

There will be a meeting for all interested freshmen golfers who wish to join the team. It will be held Thursday at 5p.m. in coach Both Harrison's office at the IAB.