Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Golfers Win In Tri-Match Against Williams and B.C.

Playing in beautiful weather, the golf team decisively won their second trimatch by beating Boston College and Williams, 7-0 and 6-1, at Stoneacres Country Club yesterday.

Captain Bruce LoPucki, playing in the number one position, kept his winning string intact by defeating his opponents 5 and 4, and 3 and 2. LoPucki, hitting his irons and woods erratically, had a strong putting game on poor greens. "The course was in poor condition and it seemed to have affected B. C. and Williams but it did not hamper us that much," LoPucki said.

Number-two man, Yank Heisler, was least affected by the poor conditions, shooting a 2-under par 70 and beating his opponents by the largest margins posted by any member of the Crimson team. His final scores were 7 and 6 and 7 and 5.

Jack Purdy, teeing up behind Heisler, disposed of his opponents almost as easily by defeating them 4 and 3 and 4 and 3. Number four man, Joe Tibbetts, playing a very strong game, overcame both of his opponents by the same 6 and 5 margin.

Only Loss

Barney Oldfield, beating the B.C. and Williams golfers 2 and 1 and 5 and 4, was one shot under par for the match. Steve Owen, three-putting 4 greens in the front nine, defeated one opponent 2 and 0 but posted the only Crimson loss to a Williams golfer, 3 and 4.

Tomy Wynne, playing in the number seven position, won as easily as the other Crimson golfers by defeating his opponents 6 and 5 and 3 and 2.

The team's next match is against Penn this Friday.

Freshman Golfers

All freshman golfers interested in joining the golf team, should go to preliminary meeting at 5 p.m. this Thursday in coach Bob Harrison's office in the IAB.