Sailors Compete In Three Events

There is a full slate of sailing activity this weekend with Harvard hoping to continue its recent success. The Crimson will compete in the NEISA Dinghy Championship Eliminations at 10 a.m. today at Yale, and tomorrow will appear in the Greater Boston Championship and Singles.

The Boston University Trophy is at stake in the Yale race. Harvard's crew of Jeff Storer, Bob Doyle, and Abbott Reeve, and the boat from Coast Guard Academy are the two favorites. Three of the six entries will qualify for the finals on May 10. Similar eliminations involving other colleges will be held simultaneously at Tufts and at the Coast Guard Academy.

Tomorrow at 9:30 a.m., a Harvard boat will try to capture the Oberg Trophy from defending champion M.I.T. on the Charles. The Engineers are strong favorites to retain the trophy, especially since three Crimson sailors will be involved in the Single-Handed Eliminations.

Storer, Doyle, and Parker Jayne are the three who will be trying to win the Singles. Storer and Jayne will sail at the Univ. of Rhode Island, while Doyle competes at Yale.

Last weekend, the Harvard team won the Geiger Trophy by beating six other colleges. The Crimson won 5 and lost 1, as did U.R.I., but Harvard had a larger point total. The team was divided into three crews: Doyle and Storer, Al Woodworth and Parker Jayne, and Bill Smith and Doug Allen.

If Harvard's sailing team can continue its winning ways, it will travel to Seattle, Washington for the North American Collegiate Championships in June.