Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Five Still Facing Prison Sentences

By Garrett Epps

Four Harvard students and a Cambridge taxi driver will be tried Friday in Middlesex County Third District Court on felony charges stemming from the police raid on University Hall.

Judge Edward M. Viola, who presided last month over the criminal trespass trials of 174 University Hall protestors, will hear charges of larceny, assault and battery, possession of narcotics, and malicious destruction of property. All of the charge may carry jail sentence upon conviction.

Those charged are: Michael J. Bishop '70, larceny from a person, punishable by a sentence of up of five years; John E. Cross '69, assault and battery, carrying in a maximum sentence of two and one half years; Mark Ling, a Cambridge taxi drivers, malicious destruction of property maximum of five years; Carl D. Offner, a graduate student in mathematics, assault and battery; and Michael Prokosch '70, possession of narcotics.

John G. S. Flym, attorney for Bishop, Ling, and Prokosch, declined to comment on prospects for the trial.