Yardling Thinclads Whip Andover; Lacrosse Squad Outlasts UMass

The Harvard freshman track team rolled to its fourth dual meet victory of the season as it trounced Andover, 108-41, yesterday at Soldiers' Field.

Their four dual meet victories and triumph over six other schools in the Greater Boston championships give the Yardlings a perfect 5-0 record going into the season's finale at Yale Saturday.

The Crimson's Steve Thomas repeated a feat he accomplished against Brown earlier in the season by capturing first place in three events. He took the high jump with a leap of 6 feet, the long jump with an effort of 21 ft. 11 1/4., and the 120-yard high hurdles with a time of 15.0 seconds.

In the distance events, Harvard's Mike Koerner captured both the mile and two-mile runs. His winning times were 4:23.2 for the mile and 9:46.0 for the two-mile.

Bud Wilson of the Crimson was triumphant in both the 100- and 220-yard dashes, winning the 100 in 10.2 seconds and the 220 in 22.3 seconds. Wilson edged teammate Ed Diamond, who was favored after winning both events in the Greater Boston championships two weeks ago. Laxmen

The freshman lacrosse team won its eighth game of the season yesterday by tripping UMass 9-6 at the Business School field. The Yardlings have only lost to Andover and Brown and are now 8-2.

The Crimson could only manage a 4-3 first-half lead as it missed a total of 32 shots in the first two periods. The team was more relaxed in the second half, however, racking up five points without being seriously pushed by UMass.

Goalie Randy Smith, who made 12 saves in one of his best performances of the year, had strong support from second-line midfielders Dave Scanlin and Eric Walsh.

Attackmen Cabie Warren and Dave Crawford led the Crimson offense. Warren, the team's leading scorer with 27 points before yesterday's game, added four more to his total. He also had one assist.

Harvard is favored against Yale this Saturday in a season-ending game at the Business School fields.