Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

FADING EPITHETS

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

We read with great interest your recent editorial on the steady erosion of the forcefulness of the word, 'fuck.' Realizing the need for an obscenity to supplant this fading epithet, we enlisted the aid of an Applied Mathematics section man to program the Harvard computer to run through the list of four-letter combinations (there are 26 to the fourth power equals 456,976 of them, if you ignore the necessity of vowels, etc.) in an effort to pick out the ten filthiest words in the English tongue. The word at the head of the list is so unbelievably obscene by prevailing standards that I can only refer to it here as 'p***,' for fear of prosecution by the state authorities. 'Fuck' having come in tenth, our plan is to release the others at intervals, starting with number nine, and making public each subsequent one only when the sting has gone out of those preceding. Until then, p*** you. Hugo N. Crammett, Chairman   Freedom Under Complete Knowledge