Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Harvard Coach Named To Olympic Position

By Bennett H. Beach

Johnny Lee, Harvard's varsity wrestling coach, was recently named to the United States Olympic Committee. The length of his term is four years.

The eight-man committee supervises the selection and training of the United States team in Pan American and Olympic competition.

Lee, who directed the varsity for the first time last winter after 13 years as coach of the freshmen, had an impressive wrestling career as an undergraduate at Harvard. He captained the team twice while compiling an undefeated record in dual meets.

In addition, he placed third in the Easterns twice and second once. In the traditionally western-dominated NCAA's, Lee finished fourth in the 123-pound class in both his junior and senior years. He won the AAU championship in 1951.

During his 13 years with the freshmen, his teams piled up a 84-22-3 record while the varsity usually hovered around .500. Last winter's team finished 7-4.

Lee is one of three Harvard coaches to be selected for an important post this year. Loyal Park is secretary-treasurer of the New England Baseball Coaches Association, and Eugene Kinasewich is the newly-appointed President of the Western Hockey League.