Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Board Rate Is Raised To $720 for Next Year

The board rate in the College is going up $60 to $720 next year.

The increase comes in the same year that tuition is going up $400, raising the total cost of tuition, room and board by 14 per cent--from $3240 to $3700.

Dean Ford said Wednesday that scholarships will be increased to cover part of the $60 increase, but, as usual, the scholarship increase will "not match dollar for dollar" the increase in fees.

The director of the Food Services, C. Graham Hurlburt Jr. said two factors necessitated the increase: inflation and the opening of a tenth upperclass dining hall in Mather House.

This is the second consecutive year that board rate has been increased. Last year, it went up from $620 to $660.

L. Gard Wiggins, administrative vice president of the University, said Wednesday that the administration knew last year when it announce the first increase that a second one would be necessary when Mather House opened.

Wiggins said the increase was not imposed all at once because the administration did not want to charge students in 1968-69 for charges relating to the operation of Mather House.