Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'Yearbook' Tries To Stop 'Annual'

The Yearbook, backed by several other undergraduate organizations, has asked the CRIMSON to stop publication of The Harvard CRIMSON Photo Annual.

The Yearbook claimed that the Photo Annual, an 80-page compilation of photographs taken by CRIMSON photographers, could cause a substantial reduction in Yearbook sales. A Yearbook spokesman said that such a loss in sales this year could cause the Yearbook to cease publication.

The CRIMSON's intention in publishing the Photo Annual, maintained CRIMSON president James M. Fallows '70, was not to supplant the Yearbook, but rather to provide CRIMSON photographers with "a chance to display their photographs in a publication with better photographic reproduction than the daily newspaper."

As an outgrowth of the CRIMSON-Yearbook controversy, representatives from major campus publications met Wednesday with Dean Glimp to discuss the effects of organizations duplicating each other's publications. Glimp stressed mutual cooperation between campus publications rather than possibly damaging competition. Another meeting will be held next Wednesday to continue the discussion.

As a compromise, the CRIMSON agreed not to sell the Annual in the Houses.