Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Yardling Laxmen's Rally Fails To Overcome Andover's Lead

By Benito Playa

Jerry Adair netted the second of his three goals four minutes into the first period to give Andover a 2-1 lead, and the Crimson freshmen never caught up as Andover won, 7-4, in a lacrosse game yesterday at Andover.

Adair's first score came after only 30 seconds, but less than a minute later, Cabie Warren put in an unassisted shot to tie the game before Adair tallied again. Andover upped its advantage to 3-1 before the quarter ended on a goal by Jay Shea.

Paul Brown, Leif Rosenberger, and Warren all collected scores for the Yardlings during the middle two periods as Harvard moved to within one goal of Andover, 5-4. Verdi DiSesa got the assist on Rosenberger's tally, while Brown fed to Warren for his second goal of the day.

The Crimson rally died at that point, however, and Andover put two more shots by goalie Randy Smith in the fourth quarter to clinch the victory.

"They played well and we didn't; it's as simple as that," Harvard coach H. M. Fish explained after the game. It was the Yardlings' second loss of the year. They have six wins.

Andover, able to clear quite well most of the game, took many more shots than the Crimson. Smith came up with 23 saves.