Snooze Picks Winners At Rockingham Park

By The Scientist

Handicappers for the Summer News picked three big winners in Thursday's races at Suffolk Downs; MR. SURVEY in the first, SWORD LINE SURREY in the first, SWORD LINE in the second, and BOUNDING IMAGE in the third. If you had bet $2.00 on every horse that we picked to win you would have cashed $21.30 worth of winning tickets for a $3.30 profit. Summer News handicappers have yet to have a losing day. So here we go again! Following are today's winners at Rockingham listed in their order of finish:

FIRST--$3000, maidens claiming ($3500), 6 furlonngs.

PRECIOUS MOMENTS has the speed and stable is cracking down--two winners yesterday, BUCKY'S MINK was fourth against classier at 63-1, FLOW LIKE WINE show good works.

SECOND--$3000, claiming ($2750), 6 furlongs.

SOMETHING BRUIN should return to December form at Tropical park where she won two in impressive fashion, if not, pick any number as these mules seemed destined for the fair circuit.

THIRD--$3100, filly maiden 2 year olds, 5 1/2 furlongs.

QUEEN MINASSEH, this wife of a wicked king seems ready to go to work on these tender fillies, HELIOTROPINE closed well in stretch, GO ON AND ON is half sister to Forward Pass and had reasonable debut.

FOURTH--$3000, fillies claiming ($3000), 6 furlongs.

CARLYN PROFIT is a sore filly who drops again in class for a last ditch effort to capture the winners purse, LITTLE MISS MAULER has run close to males, MISS LENOR shows some speed.

FIFTH--$3800, claiming ($6000), 6 furlongs.

LA HEREDERA ran last quarter in sharp 24 and 2/5's, RITTER looked powerful in maiden win, TWICE ROMAN shows good form.

SIXTH--$3300, claiming ($4000), 6 furlongs.

MOON CREST should be up in time, CHESTER MARTINI shows high early speed but will have company and tire, DEEP CREEK steps up in class to run an even race.

SEVENTH--$4500, 3 & 4 year old allowances, 6 furlongs.

FRANK LYNCH shows vast improvement in last and has chance to outclass this field, WATCH YOUR FINGERS/LOVE BOY will be an odds-on Breshnahan entry--they have a strange history of finishing second, JUST JOLLY is coming to hand.

EIGHT--$5000, 4 years and up allowances, 6 furlongs.

QUEEN VIKING got beat two tough snouts by males, KLASSY POPPY has plenty of class, CRAVOKE likes the turf better.

NINTH--$3000, claiming ($2500), mile and a sixteenth.

AM BATTLE and stablemate are going all out for the win, JOVIAL JEFF has shown good ability to go the distance, TANTEO is often in the money.

TENTH--$3000, claiming ($2500), mile and a sixteenth.

LEVEL JAY has been brought to peak form in sprints and will try to win at juicy odds, URA JENKS closed well in last, CHERRY TREE should run close to the leaders.

Long shots: CORREL FIRE in third, LEVEL JAY in tenth; Best Bet: QUEEN VIKING in eighth.

To get to Rockingham Park take route 93 into New Hanmpshire and follow the signs or take the bus that leaves on the corner of Mass. Ave. and Concord Ave. (at Radcliffe Yard) at 12 p.m.

If bets on the above horses do not make you money, just come to the CRIMSON and show us your losing tickets. We will refund the purchase price of this newspaper.