Tutors Win Tennis Final

Two Harvard teaching fellows won an easy victory in the Mens' Doubles finals of the Summer School Tennis Tournament Thursday afternoon. Spurred on by an enthusiastic crowd of five, Robert Inman and Irving Epstein, two Dunster House tutors, won in two sets 6-0, 6-2.

Their opponents, Peter Dodge and Fred Hopengarten, played a strong net game but were outclassed by the powerful ground strokes and serving of Inman and Epstein.

An anonymous court-side spectator described the combat: "Midway through the first set of the match, Inman powered an unreturnable smash. His partner traded knowing glances with him and his wife Trish started to make arrangements for spending the prize money.

"Inman's lightening serves and slashing ground strokes, together with Epstein's towering topspin lobs, left the outcome in little doubt. Coming off the court after their triumph, the victors said that they owed their success to the loyal devotion of their fans. Then they asked, 'When do we get the coins?"

On the second court Ronald Lee and Robert Domrese battled for the singles title. Lee, a teaching fellow in Economics, won 6-2, 9-7 over his opponent, a third year law student. (Complete results of all Summer School Tournaments will be in the next "Snooze.")