Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Girls to be Admitted To Harvard Lunches

A traditional bastion of scholarly dialogue-lunch at Harvard-will have its dignified calm forever ruffled next Monday, when women will be admitted. The girls will, however have to pay $1.30 for the privilege.

But Adwin M. Pappenheimer '29. Master of Dunster House, said yesterday that negotiations between Harvard and Radcliffe for interhouse at lunch will probably start soon. It would be at least several weeks before an agreement is reached. he added.

The decision to allow girls in beginning Monday was made Wednesday night by the Committee on House. The Dunster

House dining hall, closed since last Spring, will open on Monday. so the Dunster students will no longer be overcrowding the other dining halls.

"It's rather a miracle it's going to open on Monday," Pappenheimer said yesterday. "It'll open come hell or high water." A six-week carpenters' strike in the Spring had delayed the remodelling of the hall, which adjoins Mather House.

Interhouse at Lehman Hall for Radeliffe students, which has not been effect this Fall, will also start on Monday. Thomas E. Crooks 49, Master of Dudley House, said that it was discontinued because the hall was understaffed. Neither Harvard nor Radeliffe is willing to help pay for the extra staff needed for interhouse, Crooks said.

If $1.30 a day extra for lunch is too much, the girls can bring box lunches and eat in the dining halls if they wish.

Chivalrous but cheap Harvard students have been known to give girls parts of their meals in the dining halls rather than pay for dinners on nights when there is no interhouse. Pappenheimer sald that this practice might force the Houses to discontinue allowing girls in the dining halls. He warned that providing free meals to girls in this way would raise the board rates in years to come.