Yardlings Win, 133-82, Over Weak Engineers

Outscoring M. I. T. 38-2 during a teninnte stretch midway through the second half, the freshman basketball team walloped the Engineers, 133-82.

Sparkling individual offensive performances marked the Crimson victory. James Brown dumped in 32 points on 12 to 15-foot jump shots and easy drop-ins: Floyd Lowis controlled the offensive board; and Stan Mark and Jean Wilkinson, the Crimson guards, pierced the Engineer defense repeatedly on hard-driving lay-ups. Nine substitutes scored in the game.

Lazy Defense

Harvard displayed sloppy and lazy defense for the first three quarters. M. I. T., a basically weak offensive team, scored again and again on ten-foot set shots, unguarded by Harvard playens. Two times during the game. Harvard players were seen loafing at the opposite end of the court from the play.

Finally, with 14 minutes left in the game, the Crimson defense came alive. Pressing. Jean Wilkinson stole an Engineer pass and dropped the ball in, Stan Mark did the same a second later, and the Crimson continued its harassment of M. I. T. for the rest of the game.