Dean Tours Med School Housing

More than 50 students, faculty, workers, and tenants yesterday escorted Robert H. Ebert, dean of the Faculty of Medicine on a walking tour of University-owned housing in the Medical School area.

At a subsequent meeting with representatives of the tenants' association, Ebert said that he agreed in principle with the group's demands and would recommend that the Corporation accede to them.

The demonstrators had asked for a speedy rental of presently vacant apartments, immediate repair of all safety hazards, and replacement of Harvard's rental agency, Hunneman and Co., with an agent of the tenants' own choosing.

At one point, the tour paused at 797 Huntington Ave., where Hunneman has recently set up a rental and superintendent's office. There are no signs indicating what the office is, and Shepard Brown, vice president of Hunneman, confirmed that, until thisweek, it has not always been open regularly.

Robert S. Parks, president of the Roxbury Tenants of Harvard Association, charged that vacant apartments were not being rented "to get us out of this neighborhood, to get rid of us, to tear down everything [Harvard has] get there, and do with it what [they] want."