Quincy Students Demand Reversal In CRR Election

A group of Quincy House students plan to present a petition to the House Committee on Monday to recall Thursday's controversial election of the Quincy representative to the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities.

Frederic D. Barton '71 won the election, but only 150 people voted. Many members of Quincy House boycotted the election.

Arthur E. Lasky '72 is organizing the petitioning "because we think this whole thing has been forced through by the administration and we want to reconsider sending a delegate to CRR," he said last night.

"Pressure was put on Di Cara by the administration to get a representative," Lasky said. Lawrence S. Di Cara '71 is the president of the Quincy House Committee.

"If Quincy hadn't had some sort of election they [administration] would have gotten a representative somehow, probably by appointment," Di Cara said.

Dorchester

"This is not the kind of issue that is top priority. Kids are starving in Dorchester but people are working on this," he added.

Both Lasky and DiCara agree that even though it might be possible to get a sufficient number of signatures on the petition to recall the election, it would be difficult to reverse the House decision to send a representative to the CRR.

The Quincy constitution stipulates that for a vote to bind the House Committee, over 50 per cent of the House, or 210 people, must vote the same on the issue. If under 210 House members agree, then the issue is decided by the House Committee.